- 1 head of garlic
- California COOC -certified extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- 8-12 medium to small carrots
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Dukkha
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- Fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Slice head of garlic in half widthwise and toss in oil to coat. Wrap it in foil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. You want the garlic to be very soft. Allow the garlic to cool and then squeeze out the cloves from the head. Use the back end of your knife and mash into a paste. Set aside.
- Peel the carrots and trim the tops and ends. Toss the carrots in olive oil until coated. Season with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until the carrots are fork tender and begin to blister. You still want them to have a little crunch.
- Place yogurt in a mixing bowl, add the lemon juice and whisk till the juice is incorporated. You want the yogurt to be pretty lose, so add a little olive oil at a time to get the desired consistency. Season the yogurt with the dukkha. Depending on how much spice and seasoning you want, you could add a little more dukkha or also add salt and pepper.
Recipe shared with permission from WeOlive.